My Achy, Breaky Bones
This rainy weather is not helping me at all!
The cold really seems to affect my condition, I'm like a walking weather radar.
OMG, Who has seen 'Mean Girls'? I'm like Karen Smith, except I can tell the weather with my bones, not my boobs. - If you have not seen this film you really need to watch it. I don't care if you are old, young, male or female, Watch This Film!
So back to my bones, the colder the weather and the higher the pressure I am in a lot more pain. I can usually feel about an hour before a storm or if the weather is going to change because my pain changes. I am not claiming to be psychic or a weather expert, but my pain definitely gets worse with the weather! I also can get a lot of swelling in my joints.
Here I was on holiday in 32 degree heat (celsius), and my ankle started to swell for no reason what so ever. I started to experience really bad pains in my joints, 2 hours later we had a freak storm and the temperature dropped, the pressure in the air was a lot higher due to the thunder and lightening and the down pour almost flooded us! Here is what my ankle looked like when the swelling started:
The cold really seems to affect my condition, I'm like a walking weather radar.
OMG, Who has seen 'Mean Girls'? I'm like Karen Smith, except I can tell the weather with my bones, not my boobs. - If you have not seen this film you really need to watch it. I don't care if you are old, young, male or female, Watch This Film!
Here I was on holiday in 32 degree heat (celsius), and my ankle started to swell for no reason what so ever. I started to experience really bad pains in my joints, 2 hours later we had a freak storm and the temperature dropped, the pressure in the air was a lot higher due to the thunder and lightening and the down pour almost flooded us! Here is what my ankle looked like when the swelling started:
Now I know this may not seem like a lot, but this is when it just began. I had also not done anything to my foot or ankle for it to swell. It just did!
Normally when I am on holiday I feel a lot better, my pain decreases and I have a better range of movement. However, now things have got so bad not even visiting a nice hot country helps my pain! If anything it made my swelling worse!
Ewww, look at that knee! So swollen and twisted. My trusted crutches are well travelled.
A little holiday tip if you have to take strong tablets - Remember to always stay well hydrated and eat plenty. The effects of my tablets were a lot stronger due to the heat and my body being de-hydrated. I had to drink 3 x the amount os water and juice to stay hydrated and fresh! - Though thats a good tip for everyone!


