Week 2 | Stanmore Hospital | Rehabilitation | 3 week intensive treatment |

The weekend went really well and I achieved all my goals I wanted to.
I managed to whack myself in the head with my mobility scooter handles Sunday night. 
 Now for Week 2: 

Monday - I woke up at 6am feeling super tired and achy. Mum couldn't take me today, so I got up early and got ready for the transport to come, which came at 9am. The transport was a ambulance bus and wasn't too bad, however my personal experience was horrible! 
It was really bumpy the whole way, which was hurting my joints and really started to nag on my travel sickness. I was sick in the bus and had numbness all in my face. NEVER AGAIN! 
When we got here I had to go straight to two classes, which made me feel even worse, after I went back to the ward to sleep it off. 
I felt so ill and missed the goal setting class. 
I had OT and Physio from 1.30pm, where I told my Physio about my rough ride here and the knock to my head on Sunday which was still causing me grief. After I then had a class later on foiling a flare up. 
Still feeling really bad later that evening, with my face feeling numb and getting sharp pains I started to get really worried that maybe I had caused some damage. 

Tuesday - I woke up with a really bad headache and still feeling sick. I was sent back from stretch class that morning ad I was finding it too difficult with the shooting in my head. I had rested up and then had a psychology class later that morning. We spoke about life at home, what I find difficult and how I am getting on with the course. It was good to talk to someone, however I didn't really get much advice out of it. After that I was suppose to go to a class on the Into to Relaxation, however I wasn't feeling well enough to attend. I also missed Hydrotherapy, which I was gutted about, as this is something I really was looking forward to. I missed it for an MRI scan on my head, as my symptoms had got worse and the doctor wanted to check there wasn't any other underlying problems. 
In the evening was the friends and family session, which my family came to. I think it was a real insight for them and really showed them how I struggle and what would be helpful behaviour. 
WE then went out for dinner and discussed the session and how I am getting on, I am definitely more confident that they understand now and will be able to support me better. 

Wednesday - OUCH! Today is the worst pain I have been feeling the whole time I have been here so far. I am at breaking point with the pain at the moment and to top it off, my hip was dislocated when I woke up (guess I must of managed that one in my sleep). 
It is hard to understand what your baselines are and if you are over doing it, when you are already in such unbearable pain, because you can't feel any additional pain. I found the relaxation class really difficult and almost passed out, for some reason my body doesn't like to be upright or deep breathing. This was down to the POTs :( 
Again, we had our weekly sports session in the gym, I wasn't really unto anything and played a small bit of table tennis and mingled. I wasn't in the mood for much due to the pain I was in. 
Bradley came to my Physio and OT session that afternoon, which I was super happy about! 
After watching me trying to walk properly, I think it clicked in his head exactly how bad I am and how much I struggle with things. I think it really helped for him to see this himself and understand what I am trying to deal with. 
That night was super restless, two of the girls had quite a bad turn and it was a sleepless night. 

Thursday - So I said Wednesday was the worst pain. I lied. Today is the WORST PAIN EVER!! 
My hands are so painful and swollen all over, with these little red lumps all over them. I can't touch my hands as even the skin is painful, they feel like they are burning and I can't bare the pain. I done as much as I could in stretch, but I seriously struggled with it :( 
I explained to my Physio and OT how I was feeling and it was so hard to try and not cry. This has been a really stressful day for me. 
I had a nutrition class that afternoon where we spoke about, how to get all your food groups into your diet. After then having a work support group. This session really made me feel like work is even more impossible than I thought. It just showed me how difficult I would find things and how I am not at a stage where I could even contemplate being able to manage a job. 
I had my weekly Swim sesh again and I really enjoyed it this time. I was a lot more confident and it has really restored my confidence with being in the water. I just floated around and used my hands, but it felt like I was swimming again. I really felt like I accomplished something big in that session. 
Mum is picking me up tonight as she isn't around tomorrow morning, but I don't have any classes anyway. 

It has been a difficult week on the Ward and everyone was feeling it, but we all got through it and supported each other. I just hope week 3 is less stressful. 

Popular Posts