Thank You | Contraception & Clinic Talk

Hi Everyone, 

Firstly a huge thank you to everyone who watched and shared my interview! 

It was an amazing day and really sparked some awareness. 

Also another huge thank you to all of you who have liked and shared my Facebook page Facebook.com/edslottie and boosted my page to 807 likes! How amazing is that?! I wonder how long it will take before we can get to 1000? 

All your continued support is amazing and it is really helping me to achieve the things I want and also to be able to start planning lots of exciting things for 2015. 



So I am starting my treatment on Monday and I am so nervous now. I can't wait but at the same time I hate the idea of being away from home for so long! I have spoken to a lot of people who say that the treatment course is amazing and I will have such a good time, however it still doesn't shake that tiny spark of doubt from the back of my mind that I am going to hate it! 

I know I shouldn't be so negative, but I am only being realistic and honest. Everyone has their doubts on things and I am not going to bother hiding mine. 

I also had the coil finally taken out on Tuesday. I was causing so much pain and complications and I can honestly say that, already I can feel I am in less pain because of it. 

It wasn't painful coming out just uncomfortable , the viewing tube they need to use is more discomforting. 

I wonder if she believed me when I answered No to all the smoking and alcohol questions. I always assume that because I am young, they think that I am some raving looney and I am lying when I say I don't do drugs, smoke or drink alcohol. Like, I don't have anything to hide so I am not going to lie to you?! 

I always feel that clinics are such an awkward place for young people. You are so embarrassed when you walk in, hoping that no one see's you. I have nothing to hide or be ashamed about, yet just to get my coil removed, walking into reception I felt like I was riddled with STD's and I had a huge cloud of shame over my head. 

The truth is, when people go into the clinic there should be no reason to feel like this. What is so wrong with a girl wanting to try and get some kind of protection. Does this all of a sudden make her a bad person because she doesn't want to accidentally fall pregnant. 

And what is so wrong with wanting an STD screening? Isn't it bette that these people are actually getting checked out, instead of leaving it and just spreading it on to other people? 

I'm not condoning unprotected sex or saying it is okay to go around sleeping with anyone, but accidents do happen and isn't it better that you get things checked out? 

People are too scared to go to their GP's because it is too close to home, their parents may find out or they may see someone they don't want to. Going to a confidential clinic which can also be anonymous is a lot more comforting to teens and I don't think we should judge them for doing so. 

Some people really don't respect themselves and will sleep with lots of random people, unprotected and don't care what STD's they get, but just because a Teen is sexually active doesn't mean they are all doing that. 


I think we need to have a bit more respect for our Teens and not judge them all the same! 

Lottie 

xx

Here are many different ways to protect yourself when having sex: 



Popular Posts