Expected delivery, 3-4 weeks. Yay!
I cannot express how excited I am that my Quickie Helium Wheelchair has finally been ordered and will be here in 3-4 weeks!
This is something I have been waiting for a year now and I cannot express how difficult and stressful it has been to get to this stage, but finally we are here and I am so grateful to everyone that has made this possible and especially Hillingdon Wheelchair Services and GBL.
I will be counting down the days to getting my legs (wheels)! I am going to have so much more freedom and independence, although I will be in a wheelchair, it is going to allow me to be so much more functional, that I won't feel as 'disabled'. I hope that makes sense, I don't know how to describe it, but at the moment everything is a struggle, I rely so much on others and with this chair I will be able to do so much more myself.
I can't wait to show it off to everyone when I get it, it is going to be such a confidence boost and because it is my personalised fitted wheelchair, I feel like people won't stare so much and wonder, 'What's wrong with her?', because they will be able to tell I have a physical disability.
It has been a total emotional rollercoaster and now is the last month I have to wait. Truly expressing how I feel is impossible but I am just so grateful and relieved that this time has finally come!
Can't wait to show it to you all!
This is something I have been waiting for a year now and I cannot express how difficult and stressful it has been to get to this stage, but finally we are here and I am so grateful to everyone that has made this possible and especially Hillingdon Wheelchair Services and GBL.
I will be counting down the days to getting my legs (wheels)! I am going to have so much more freedom and independence, although I will be in a wheelchair, it is going to allow me to be so much more functional, that I won't feel as 'disabled'. I hope that makes sense, I don't know how to describe it, but at the moment everything is a struggle, I rely so much on others and with this chair I will be able to do so much more myself.
I can't wait to show it off to everyone when I get it, it is going to be such a confidence boost and because it is my personalised fitted wheelchair, I feel like people won't stare so much and wonder, 'What's wrong with her?', because they will be able to tell I have a physical disability.
It has been a total emotional rollercoaster and now is the last month I have to wait. Truly expressing how I feel is impossible but I am just so grateful and relieved that this time has finally come!
Can't wait to show it to you all!
