POTs - Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome Awareness | EDS Lottie
POTs can be debilitating without affecting your mobility, or loosing a limb, or all feeling in parts of your body. It can put you in a wheelchair without necessarily 'needing' one.
For me this is what POTs is.. This is how it affects me.
I get severe blood pooling in parts of my body.
I can loose feeling in parts due to the loss of blood flow.
I get really bad head rush. This can be from moving too quickly or can be random.
I get dizziness, heart palpitations, loss of breath and unconsciousness.
I faint a lot, sometimes I can be out cold for 10 minutes or 10 seconds.
I get really bad headaches due to the lack of blood supply to my head.
I suffer from severe fatigue.
My body cannot with stand a sudden change in temperature, nor can my body regulate its temperature properly.
I am unable to stand for long periods of time due to the dizziness, f
ainting and blood pooling.
My POTs can affect me and stop me doing things even when my EDS will allow it.
POTs Stands for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
It is the abnormality of your autonomic nervous system (ANS), which is in charge of our subconscious body functions. Such as, sweating, blood pressure, blood supply, digestions, bladder, breathing etc.
Some people may need to still be in a wheelchair as they are unable to stand due to there symptoms. Some are unable to even sit up and must stay lying down at all times for their body to be able to function.
If you want to find out more about POTs then you can visit POTs ORG
Ella Woodward suffered from POTs to a debilitating level and now manages her symptoms with her diet. She has written a cookbook and what helped her to her recovery. If this is something you wish to read the book is called Deliciously Ella. It is a recipe book and she tells you about her story.
For me this is what POTs is.. This is how it affects me.
I get severe blood pooling in parts of my body.
I can loose feeling in parts due to the loss of blood flow.
I get really bad head rush. This can be from moving too quickly or can be random.
I get dizziness, heart palpitations, loss of breath and unconsciousness.
I faint a lot, sometimes I can be out cold for 10 minutes or 10 seconds.
I get really bad headaches due to the lack of blood supply to my head.
I suffer from severe fatigue.
My body cannot with stand a sudden change in temperature, nor can my body regulate its temperature properly.
I am unable to stand for long periods of time due to the dizziness, f
ainting and blood pooling.
My POTs can affect me and stop me doing things even when my EDS will allow it.
Being diagnosed with more than one thing feel like being stuck in a hamster ball. You can run as fast as you can and for as long as you want but you are never going to be able to get to what you want.
POTs Stands for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
It is the abnormality of your autonomic nervous system (ANS), which is in charge of our subconscious body functions. Such as, sweating, blood pressure, blood supply, digestions, bladder, breathing etc.
Some people may need to still be in a wheelchair as they are unable to stand due to there symptoms. Some are unable to even sit up and must stay lying down at all times for their body to be able to function.
If you want to find out more about POTs then you can visit POTs ORG
Ella Woodward suffered from POTs to a debilitating level and now manages her symptoms with her diet. She has written a cookbook and what helped her to her recovery. If this is something you wish to read the book is called Deliciously Ella. It is a recipe book and she tells you about her story.



